Gyttorps Centrum in Nora
This is the winner of a Diploma.
Created for the Nitroglycerin AB’s employees, Gyttorps Centrum was designed by the modernist Ralph Erskine from 1948 to 1961. Erskine participated in its renovation during 1996-97, which was possible thanks to a government grant for a restoration project.
The main aim was to create an attractive modern living space, while taking the utmost care to preserve its cultural and architectural values. In September 1998 the County Administrative Board made Gyttorps Centrum the first Swedish example of post-war town planning classified as of being cultural and historical interest, thus guaranteeing the highest level of protection available.
“For the rescue and restoration of an important example of post-war welfare state housing and planning”